DLV Tutorial - Deleting an Atom
This tutorial describes how to use DLV to delete an atom from a model. As an
example we shall delete the O atom from MgO.
- Make sure the model you wish to delete the atom from is selected.
- Select the Edit -> Model -> Delete Atoms menu item. This panel
- Select the atom you want to delete by clicking on it with the left mouse
button in the viewer window. It will change colour to indicate the
selection. The viewer will show
- Select the Delete button on the panel to remove the atom.
- Select OK to accept the completed model. The delete atoms panel
- You can delete multiple atoms by selecting more than one atom before
clicking on the Delete button.
- You can delete all the atoms of the selected atomic types by changing the
radio buttons to All atoms of Selected Type. If there are multiple
atoms of the same type in the structure this can be more convenient than
selecting them all.
- If the the Symmetry Copies toggle on the toolbar is off then only
the selected atom will be deleted rather than the atom and its copies.
This will lower the symmetry of the structure.
- An Apply button has been added to allow you to complete
the deletions, and keep the panel open to delete more atoms.