DL Visualize - Interface
When DL Visualize starts it opens 2 windows. The first provides the menus
and tools for controlling the application. The second is the 3D viewer for
interacting with displayed models. DLV may open a third window, the 2D viewer,
if the user displays a LEED pattern, a plot, or a 2D view of contours.
The Main Window
The main window provides access to DLV's functions. It consists of 5 objects
The 3D Viewer
3D objects that the user has chosen to display are rendered in this window.
The following mouse buttons can be used to manipulate the view
The following shortcuts are available and Unix systems and Windows systems
with a wheel mouse
- Left button
- Clicking the left mouse button on an atom will select (if unselected) or
unselect (if already selected) the atom. Clicking on the viewer background
unselects all atoms.
- Right button
- The right button rotates, zooms or translates the object depending on
the currently selected transformation button in the
toolbar (in the main window).
The default is to rotate the object.
- Middle button
- Holding down the middle mouse button rotates the object.
- Shift Middle button
- Holding down the shift key and the middle mouse button zooms the object.
- Control Middle button
- Holding down the control key and the middle mouse button X-Y translates